Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Vandas

I'm not willing to bet on it, but these could be the Vanda Miss Joachim. Apologies to Miss Joachim and the orchid-lovers out there if I misidentified them.

Since this is my last post for 'today', let me add that I accompanied Mum to a friend's newly-opened bakery this evening. It was nice to get out of the house and it was a lovely cloudy day too. The air was fresh and cool.

I had thought of taking some pix of the bakery, but I decided not to. What if her many varieties of cakes and tarts and buns and breads get copied? Anyways, after buying two loaves of bread, a Potato Cottage bun and a muffin, I decided to pay a visit to the pet shop which was three doors down. It has been a long time since I went there. Since before Mocha's death July 3rd, 2004. I chatted with the owner, a nice lady and talked about my parents. I told her about losing my guinea pigs and wishing I could have something soft and cuddly again. She suggested rabbits. She had a pair of white bunnies for sale. I told her that if I got them, it would eventually be my parents taking care of them. See, I am truthful! And she agreed that the cage had to be cleaned every day.

When I had Mocha and Latte, I did clean and wash their cage every morning. I'd wash the green netting, spray the cage with water and let it them dry in the sun. The piggies were so well trained that they knew to jump to the upper level (we added a level that was half the space of the bottom portion and added the food bowl there) when I took the green netting away. They could walk, but the gap between the bars was quite wide at the bottom. They were so used to the routine that when I was away at uni, my Dad said that he had to reassure them that they could stay at the bottom of the cage. I think that when it was time to wash the cage, I put them in the bathroom to run about.

I miss my piggies. *sigh*

On that somewhat sad note, I'll end here. Take care and I do hope the many photos compensated for the lack of updates the past few days.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: