Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Slept three hours earlier...

...and woke up three hours earlier the next morning. I figured I had to be dreaming when I saw the time, 9:15am, so I went back to sleep. Didn't get out of bed til 11:30am. I won't have such luxuries in a couple of months' time, so I might as well enjoy it while it lasts, right? *grin*

Anyways, I went to the kitchen after my shower and started reading the paper. On the second page, was a report about sleep inertia. According to The Times,

A study by scientists at the University of Colorado suggests that the performance of people immediately after waking up is as bad as, or worse, than if they were drunk. The study claims that the performance of someone who has just woken from eight hours sleep is actually worse than that of someone who has been awake for 24 hours or longer.
Trust me to complain yesterday about being woken up suddenly in the middle of my sleep and trying to remember my Dad's cellphone number. It's a miracle I actually remembered it. But I was more angry than forgetful. I could have snapped that pencil, but I just threw it out of my room (through the open door).

I guess my ex-roomies did the right thing by burning the midnight oil then. I was the one who slept at 1am and got up early-ish to study. I avoided the caffeine, used my airline face mask to shield my eyes from the light. I'm one of those people who need darkness and relative silence to sleep well. And I'm a light sleeper too. If someone opens the door, I'm awake. If someone turns on the light, I'm awake. But if I'm really tired, then I'll sleep through anything.

And on rare occasions, I talk in my sleep too. Usually it's in response to conversation I'm having in my dream. I know this because I woke myself up mid-sentence. I was speaking in Malay too. Nice to know that I'm also bilingual in my dreams.

I watched Pride And Prejudice today. I don't know how they could cast Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet and be 'plain'. They could dress her in drabby greys and browns, and she's still so beautiful. If they really tried, they could have just picked ME! Then again, I doubt if I had the pride to decline Mr. Darcy.

Anyways, bedtime for me. Have a good night/day to the regulars, to the ones who found their way here after searching for 'Do Not Resuscitate' on MSN Search (please try looking for the information at the sidebar *points to the left*) and to the ones who just clicked 'Next Blog'. =)

No comments: