Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Promises Like Pie-crust

Promise me no promises,
So will I not promise you;
Keep we both our liberties,
Never false and never true:
Let us hold the die uncast,
Free to come as free to go;
For I cannot know your past,
And of mine what can you know?

You so warm, may once have been
Warmer towards another one;
I, so cold, may once have seen
Sunlight, once have felt the sun:
Who shall show us if it was
Thus indeed in time of old?
Fades the image from the glass
And the fortune is not told.

If you promised, you might grieve
For lost liberty again;
If I promised, I believe
I should fret to break the chain:
Let us be the friends we were,
Nothing more but nothing less;
Many thrive on frugal fare
Who would perish of excess.
(Christina Rossetti, 1861)

I would like to dedicate the poem above to Ty. Yeah, it was inevitable. I knew it was coming. Played James Blunt enough times to know, "
But it's time to face the truth, I will never be with you." It was either my subconscious telling me what I knew all along, or it's...The Curse of The "You're Beautiful" Song!! Aiieee...run for your lives! Cover your ears!

I can't say that I'm crushed. He never gave me a photo of himself. He seems a little less real to me. Only words in e-mail and the IM window. What was I thinking?

And trust my other friend to tell me that he's interested in me last night as well (before I chatted with Ty and found out that this is how Ty feels about me: "I like you as both a person and a friend...very much so"). The three dots was my saying "Ok".

I've known Simon for a long time (online). I think we met sometime at the end of 1996. The usual 'Hi, how are you?' type of relationship one has in a chat room. According to him, his interest has been off and on. And apparently it's on again. Hmmm, methinks he's settling for me after the non-relationship that he had with this other girl in the US. Well, we did take that compatibility test for fun and we were 74% similar, 81% complementary. I don't know. We seem to have fun teasing each other in one- to two-line e-mail exchanges. Note to Simon's employers: "He's e-mailing on company time!" *evil grin*

I hope he doesn't read this. I've been discouraging him from coming here. Glad that he's heeding my advice.

Rainy today. For a change, here's a pic of an orchid I took some time back.

Take care all! Life is short, smile! =)

No comments: