Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

They chose my Papaya Leaves!

Well, I was checking my sitemeter stats and noticed a referral from Interfacelift.com. I thought, "Yeah, like someone would look through the profiles of all those who joined - unless..." Yes! They finally chose one of my 10-plus submissions! I didn't change the lighting or anything. I sent four submissions in the past few days and the papaya leaf pic was sent in last night. I was getting disheartened by the day. I thought that because preference was being given to those who also submitted the 1680 x 1050 resolution, I'd never be picked.

I was also slightly ticked off when other people sent in images that just had something drawn smack dab in the middle of the picture and they were chosen. Well, my faith has been restored. I just need to find some really good pix in my collection of blurry, overexposed, underexposed, ill-composed shots. Yaay anyway. Donating my blood to the mosquitoes (and squishing a rotten wax apple underfoot while taking this pic) was well worth it.

I bet if I told my parents about this, they'd ask if I'll get paid. Tsk...it's the recognition, the feeling of accomplishment, that I'm actually doing something right. Heh...yeah, I'll stop now before this all goes into my head. Might just be a fluke (slow night at Interfacelift).

Take care, y'all!

p/s: If you want this Papaya Leaves shot as your wallpaper, please go to the interfacelift site. You can choose the best resolution and also give a rating kot (perhaps). :)

Update: Just told my Mum, and she asked if I'd get any money for it. I know them too well.

3 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

I know what DNA is, but DNR?

R2K

Tigrrr said...

It's the acronym for 'Do Not Resuscitate'. :) Thank you for leaving a comment, Alex.

High Power Rocketry said...

Sorry, sopranos joke. :)

I took a class on bioethics, half of it was DNR, and the more edgy PAS. I personally am for it, so let me jump out now and say that. I think there is something to be said about being able to die when you are ready. There is something to be said for quality of life, and not just length.