Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Friday, April 28, 2006

I was half-asleep...

and lying in my bed, on this really hot and humid afternoon when my phone suddenly rang. I still had my wits about me and remembered that the phone was in my handbag.

A nice-sounding woman asked for me and said that I had won in their e-Contest (in conjuction with the Malaysia Unit Trust Scheme Week 2006)! I do believe that it was for the contest held yesterday. I was to come to their Enquiry booth with my identity card before 9:30pm tonight. She didn't tell me what I won. It could be a blender, or a stand fan, or a motorcycle or (dare I hope?) a hp Desktop PC. And the funniest part of this is, I remember being very realistic/pessimistic about our chances of winning anything. I kept telling my Mum, "There's no way we're going to win anything, our slogans (in Malay, mind!) are just too horrible and there are so many more people who could write better." FYI, I had to write my mother's slogan too. In fact, I have to fill everything for Mum because she says her handwriting is terrible (the way she refuses to fill in forms, you'd think she was illiterate). Or maybe she's just lazy?

Anyway, 'Yaay' to me for finally ending that losing streak. Ten months is way too long. I don't care if I end up with a rubberband, I still won something. *grin*

The past two days that we went to the fair, Mum made friends with the people at the Heveafil booth. (Wow, they're the world's largest manufacturer of quality extruded latex threads, I didn't know that!). I was the one who walked into their booth, seeing the four boxes of sample latex threads. Mum asked for some (hoping to sew some to the edge of bedsheets to make them fitted bedsheets) and that first night, she realized how valuable these threads were. You can't just buy them at the store (they're meant for industries like the textile, food and sports industries). And they can extend up to 7 times without breaking. Go check out their website, but be careful of the typos.

Yesterday, while waiting for my Dad to finish his MIC conference and fetch us, I took some photos of the flagpoles and a ship at sea. The time was around 6pm.


I waited for the wind to blow, but the 'Jalur Gemilang' (Vibrant Stripes) just wouldn't flutter 'majestically'. It was flying half-heartedly (if that is possible). But I just love that blue sky! It was so hot, there was not a cloud in the sky. The three flags above, from the top, are the flags of Pahang (top half of flag is white, bottom half is black), Johor and Selangor.


I tried to take the first pic without being seen, but apparently, I was. Just how do those photographers take pix of people unawares? Oh yes, powerful zoom lens! Second pic is of a father and his daughter walking away. This was the first in a series of three pix.


This is of a ship at sea. I used the two columns holding the flagpoles up as part of the frame. Looks quite nice, if I may say so myself. Ahem. *grin* If I had stood back a little more, I would have fallen into this 'fountain' (a hole with water).

That's it for now. Take care, all!

Update @10:39pm: I won a blender! Two blender jugs and a grinder, and a free little addressbook with a picture of a local deejay.

4 comments:

Feisal said...

That ship, I've been on board. :)

Tigrrr said...

Cool...what was on that ship? Containers filled with Cambodian shrimp? Hehe..

Feisal said...

Ate those shrimps also. I think I still have some left in the fridge. Want some? ;-)
Anyway, that ship is a dredging ship.

Tigrrr said...

Hahaha..mum has two packets left, I think (not sure about the other freezer). I prefer bigger shrimp, actually. Ahh, so it just dredges then. Thanks for the info. :D