Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Organ donation

Ever since I read about the country's need for organ donors some years back, I wondered how I could get involved. Before, I couldn't find anything online. It wasn't until a few days ago that I read an article in the papers and they gave several links. I didn't take note of any of them, but I still found a site here. Just fill in the details, print the form, post it to the National Transplant Resource Centre and wait for your donor card. Easy! I chose for them to take everything. I'm sure some of my organs aren't suitable (three years of second-hand smoke exposure during my stint as a hotel receptionist), but I'll let them do all the worrying about that. I figure, why not give them all: kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, eyes, skin, and bones. It's not like I'll be needing them when I'm dead. Of course, I hope to go in such a way that the harvesting of my organs is possible. If I go via smoke inhalation/toxic fumes, I doubt that my organs would be useful.

Speaking of which, those suicidal Japanese really should find a better way to end it all. They are wasting all those organs. If they thought that they were worthless in life, they could have at least made a difference in death. What do they do? Burn charcoal in sealed minivans and cars.

Sorry for the morbid post. Well, it is close to Easter (not that I celebrate it). All that bit about death and stuff. *smiles* I am so religiously ignorant.

That's it for now. Take care, all!

p/s: The days are extremely hot and humid, and the thought of writing a post then is just unbearable! Ugh...

Update: Pearls Before Swine strip (22nd April 2006)


Image hosting by Photobucket


No comments: