Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

No Rain

Woke up to a sunny morning, and Mum 'delivering' mail to me. Got a lovely Christmas card from the Willanders. They are so nice to me, I am unworthy. Then again, I WAS fixated on that final year project of mine. Thoughts of everything else were discarded.

An e-card will have to do this year. I am so not worthy. Well, I'll go photoshop one for them. Takes more time and effort that way, and they deserve that.

They were guests at the hotel I was working at so many years ago. They learnt to scuba-dive in the hotel pool and then went to the islands to scuba-dive. One of their poor sons had an ear infection and couldn't dive after that. They are more than guests to me, but friends.

The fact is, I used to treat the guests as respected friends. Tried my best to remember their names and room numbers. And there was this one time my memory decided to play tricks on me. I remember the guest's room number but not his name. I said, "Good evening, Mr Tan! Here's your key." Handed him the key and watched him walk towards the lobby lift. As he was waiting for the lift, he looked at his key. He seemed to be contemplating. He walked back towards the reception counter and said, "My name is Lim."

I think I tried to retain my composure (barely) and apologized profusely. "I'm sorry, Mr Lim!" *cue nervous laughter* He seemed okay about it. Hehehe...

Best thing about Site Meter, you can tell how some people get here. Apparently, when you type "thesis about do not resuscitate in the philippines" in Yahoo Search, this site comes out tops. If it's any consolation, at least I added that definition under 'Dr. Ross'. So sorrylah. Plan B went to the Philippines, I talked about my thesis and this site is called 'Do Not Resuscitate'.

I so want to change the template of this blog. The templates at some of the sites out there just don't fit what I have in mind. And I am reluctant to start something that might take too long. First of all, I don't really know anything about building a template. It's got to be related to a heart monitor. A Flatline across the heart monitor to be precise.

Loving Pandora.com by the day. Hearing all those songs I used to hear and new ones that I wouldn't hear on local radio. And NO ads between songs. I hope it stays this way for a long, long time.

Most of the evacuees in the temporary flood relief centers have returned home. In the newspaper today was an item about a family's dilemma when their husband/father/grandfather who was 90 years old passed away. They couldn't bury him because the cemetery was flooded. They couldn't get help from neighbours to bury him because they had all left the village when the water rose. Nobody could go help them because the roads were closed and impassable. Poor family.

Well, that's it for now. Sorry for the not so regular updates. In fact, if it wasn't for the single regular visitor of mine, I wouldn't be updating very often. =)

Take care all!

No comments: