Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I was tricked!

For the past year, I had been growing my hair. It had never been as long as it was (until this evening). I had a thrill seeing it grow past my shoulders, reaching my armpits.

Mum was never happy with the length of my hair. Today, she planned to have her hair cut and asked if I wanted to go along with her. I thought I'd just have it trimmed or layered a little. I even chose a nice little hairstyle and printed it out.

I was SO not prepared for what was about to transpire. The hairstylist is Chinese. She doesn't speak English. I told Mum to tell her what I wanted and well...

Mum was talking too much Chinese and I realized my mistake. I was at the mercy of Mum! I caught enough to know that she wanted something done. I asked my mum what she told to the hairstylist. She didn't reply. When I saw that the length was twice what I had initially wanted to cut off... oh man, I was so MAD! What do I do during times when I get mad? No, I don't turn green and grimace like I was trying to pass a kidney stone the size of a boulder. I cried! It helped that I had my hair covering my face, and I had a good cry behind that curtain of hair. Mum noticed after I blew my nose. I told her that I didn't want it this short. I told her that I had asked her what she told the hairstylist and she didn't tell me. She swore that she didn't hear my question. Tsk. I bet she knew all along that she was going to get my hair cut off the way she wanted it. Serves me right for not learning Chinese and not learning to drive on my own. ;o(

She tried to justify her deception by saying that I needed to look neater if I had to go for a job interview. Ugh!

And yesterday, I endured 5 hours of her throwing away my stuff (she says it's 'cleaning up'). I decided to cut all ties to my old college/uni notes, bits of stuff I wrote/jotted down, magazines... JUST so I could cut down on the torture session. I turned a blind eye to everything. Can I help it if I am a pack rat? I wish I had a place of my own. I wish I had money! I wish I had a rich relative who has suddenly passed away and decided to leave me a huge inheritance. I wish I didn't have to wish. ;o)


I am ending my post here. It's time for dinner. Take care, all!

By the way, I recently decided to get Site Meter to see who actually is visiting this blog. Just as I suspected. They're mostly accidental visits. If it's not a direct link I've given to a friend, it's somebody who got here looking for 'Do Not Resuscitate' (sorry, visitor from the US), or 'Which Lost Character Are You?' (sorry, Aussie visitor).

Anyways, I am glad I finally got to the bottom of the mystery. I don't really have a 'readership'. Phew! I thought I'd have to actually write something informative and important for once. ;o)

No comments: