Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The butterfly has flown

I checked the pupa just before lunchtime and as I looked down, I saw that it had changed in colour. I squatted down to realize that the butterfly had left its chrysalis. Awww...I bet that if I had checked on it at 6am, I would have found it with crumpled wings.

It wasn't until I detached the two silky strands and tugged at the bottom of the chrysalis that I realized there was a brown liquid oozing out. I left it and had lunch.

After lunch, I referred to the big butterfly book we have. It stated that during this pupal stage, it doesn't drink or eat and due to the outer layer, it can't get rid of its bodily wastes. Yup, I'm sure that butterfly had a nice time expelling its waste as it got out of its chrysalis. Ewww. I think that butterfly was the first one to ever make it to adulthood. I've never seen a single chrysalis before this one. And the next time I see one, I'm going to isolate the chrysalis. Or just wake up early. It took nine days for it to change from pupa to adult. I'll be ready next time. The book also stated that a butterfly lives between 25 and 30 days. If it doesn't get eaten by a bird or a gecko first.

Okay, quiz time.


You Are a Powdered Devil's Food Donut

A total sweetheart on the outside, you love to fool people with your innocent image.
On the inside you're a little darker, richer, and more complex.
You're a hedonist who demands more than one pleasure at a time.
Decadent and daring, you test the limits of human indulgence.



This is SO true! Hehehehe...and so is this next one.


What Your Sleeping Position Says

You are calm and rational.
You are also giving and kind - a great friend.
You are easy going and trusting.
However, you are too sensible to fall for mind games.



Hmmm, more mild that wild? Maybe I need a name change from Tigrrr to Tig-Zzzz. Hehehe. But hey...at least I'm still attractive. Teeheehee.


You Are More Mild Than Wild

You're confident, and you really aren't concerned with how "hot" you are.
Other people's ideas of what's sexy don't concern you. And this is exactly what makes you attractive.


You Are Not a Cook

You know cooking isn't for you, and you wouldn't even consider trying to make a homecooked meal.
And this is a very good thing. You've saved all your friends and family from unintentional food poisoning!


So, so true. Unfortunately. Well, if I had utensils of my own and didn't have somebody to remind me that I was doing everything wrong...I would have turned out differently. *grin* That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :Þ

That's it for now. Take care all!

No comments: