Shashinki.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Horrible long hair


Woke up this morning and was getting ready to have my shower. A certain member of the family was getting ready to go out (as usual).

Family Member (FM): "You should cut your hair. It's horrible."
Me: "I'm the one 'wearing' it (I just got up, okay? My speech skills need time to warm up). I like it!"
FM: "But it's other people who are the ones looking at you"
Me: "I've had people see me and they say they like it."


FM goes off and I go have my shower. Hmmph. I've never let my hair grow this long before. And it's quite short compared to those models who hawk shampoo on TV. My hair is just a little more than shoulder-length. Some people don't know what to say, and so they say something mean. Some people need to watch that Bambi movie ("If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all.") a few times.

Then I go to the kitchen ... and am told to sweep the floor. You can call me lazy, you can call me anything...but the truth is, I HATE sweating! The only sport I don't mind doing is swimming. And if you think I abhor housework, it's really the sweating I hate. When I was on a month-long holiday in Seattle, I learnt with glee that I could vacuum a whole house without breaking into a sweat! It helped that it was in Springtime (17th April - 15th May 1999) and the thermostat was somewhere around 72F.

What was I doing vacuuming a house on a holiday? I was bored to death. The person I was visiting had to go to work. I had NO TV (person's housemate kept the TV in his room), and just the radio...which kept playing Tal Bachman's "She's So High" every five minutes. No kidding! Now you know why I decided to forego the bedrest (I had a whiplash-type injury on the 2nd day that I was there) and vacuum instead.

But back to the present, I'm still trying to solve my VB6 coding problems. Yes, yes...I know there's a VB.NET and it's starting to get ancient. And I did try using it. Problem was, I had bought 4 books on VB6. Which hasn't really helped much.

What I need is a VB6 expert. Most people I've contacted are too busy with work. What to do?

No comments: